Mental Health Housing In Los Angeles
Mental health housing in Los Angeles promises the opportunity for a better way of living for those who grapple with severe mental illnesses. Because it can be extremely difficult and even impossible for those in this situation to live successfully on their own, mental health housing in Los Angeles can serve as a viable option for residential wellbeing.
Mental illness has never been something that only impacts one group of people. However, there has been an uptick in mental illnesses in the young adult community, where more and more individuals within this age group are reaching out for professional help to deal with the symptoms of their mental illness. One of the most effective ways to help those young adults looking to recover from the darkness of their mental illness is through positive, supportive mental health housing, such as that offered in Los Angeles.
The Scope of Mental Illness
The United States has no shortage of individuals who experience mental illness and other mental health related complications. In fact, more than 51 million people (or 1 in every 5 people) have a mental illness like depression, anxiety, or a personality disorder. This means that many of these people are living each day with one or more mental illnesses. Some of those individuals are obtaining professional treatment, but many others are not. Those who are not being treated likely find it more challenging to get through their days and have maybe even turned to the use of drugs or alcohol to self-medicate. Regardless of if substances are being abused or not, attempting to live with a mental illness is no small feat. That is why for many, additional resources are needed to help them move along in their lives. That is where transitional living and mental health housing comes in.
The Benefits of Mental Health Housing & Transitional Living
Mental health housing is beneficial for many different types of people including, but not limited to:
- Millennials who are experiencing failure to launch (a condition where an individual is having difficulty transitioning into adult life).
- Individuals who have just completed an addiction treatment program.
- Those who have been participating in mental health recovery.
Some of the greatest benefits associated with enrolling in mental health housing include the following:
- 24/7 support — Having difficulty with transitioning from one stage of life to the next is even more challenging if a person does not have the right support system. Transitional living offers individuals immediate and sustained support from medical and mental health professionals, as well as others who are going through similar experiences.
- Stable living environment — It is not uncommon for people who have enrolled in transitional living to come from less-than-desirable living conditions. When living in environments like that, individuals can continue to fall into toxic living cycles. But, when in transitional living, these same individuals are provided with the place and space to work on themselves without distractions.
- Establish skills — Basic life skills, such as managing money, cooking, effective communication, relapse prevention, and coping skills can be developed while in mental health housing. Building these important skills is one of the main goals of transitional living programs. Those who partake can build these skills and, in turn, improve their overall outcome.
- Time — Arguably the greatest benefit of mental health housing is the time that people can receive in order to keep healing. Jumping headfirst into adulthood or everyday life post treatment can be an absolute disaster if someone is not prepared. Having the time to sort things out and prepare prior to making that transition is highly beneficial and makes transitional living as valuable as it is.
Mental health housing is undoubtedly hard for many people, especially those who are really feeling the effects of trying to go from one point in their lives to the next. At our program, you’ll learn how to meet these goals so the process is smooth and successful.
If you are looking for a mental health housing program that works best for you, or want to learn about our gender-affirming programs, reach out to us right now. We know how hard it can be to live with untreated mental health disorders and/or substance use disorders, and/or the other stressors of the outside world. We also know you do not need to stay in the same place in your life both figuratively and literally. If you are ready to make the decision to reach out and ask for help, do so right now. We can give you all of the information about our mental health housing options.
Riviera Recovery offers gender-specific mental health housing in the Los Angeles area. If you or a loved one are suffering from mental health issues or a dual diagnosis disorder, change is just one phone call away. Call us now at 855-207-9708 or learn more by filling out the form below.
Request a Confidential Callback
"*" indicates required fields