Transitional Living Centers in West Los Angeles
Our transitional living centers, located in the heart of West Los Angeles, are the cornerstone of transitioning from treatment centers to everyday life. Located just miles from the tranquil beach and in the bustling city, the centers offer a balanced and supportive environment. With services that encourage accountability, promote growth, establish social relationships, and gain practical skills, individuals who live in our centers benefit greatly.
We currently have three transitional living centers: The Barrington House, the McLaughlin House, and the newest addition, the Granville House.
Benefits of Transitional Living Centers
Transitional living centers, specifically for mental health, are vital to creating a supportive environment for those recently receiving treatment. Transitional housing bridges treatment centers and independent living, giving individuals a stable living situation, supportive services, and valuable skill building. Staying at a transitional living center in West Los Angeles has many benefits. The biggest benefits include:
- Continuity of Care: As individuals transition from inpatient or outpatient treatment programs, they may need a continuation of care. This is an important aspect of transitional living centers, as their primary purpose is to serve as the place of transition. The continuity of care is crucial for reducing readmission rates and improving overall mental well-being.
- Peer & Community Support: A large part of being in transitional housing is peer and community support. By living with peers who are experiencing similar issues, individuals can connect with them, creating a sense of belonging. This kind of supportive housing allows individuals to express themselves freely, integrate into the community, and create their new life.
- Skill Building: Many transitional living centers offer skill-building programs tailored to the client’s specific needs. At Riviera Recovery, we focus on building transferable life skills, including resume building and navigating applications to education, to ensure a smooth transition into society. These skills typically focus on things the individual may have missed out on while struggling with their mental health, such as knowing how to navigate job interviews and other similar skills.
- Housing Stability: Transitional living centers provide stable housing to those in mental health recovery. The risk of homelessness and relapse reduces by providing a secure, safe, and stable living environment. This stability has also been shown to help individuals manage their symptoms, improve their social functioning, and increase their quality of life.
- Reduced Relapse Rates: With all of the benefits mentioned above, the relapse rate reduces among individuals. Utilizing transitional housing is a great way to prevent future care by reducing the risk of hospitalizations and relapse.
These benefits, and more, are provided through the transitional living centers at Riviera Recovery. Our transitional living centers, which include the Barrington House, the McLaughlin House, and the new Granville House, are part of our transitional housing program to treat those with mental health conditions.
Often times when we think of transitional living centers, we may think of cramped halfway houses or less-than-ideal sober living homes. At Riviera Recovery, this is not the case. We provide luxury transitional living centers to our residents, divided into men’s and women’s homes. With these luxury homes, we are able to provide the best experience for those wanting to transition from treatment to normal life. Currently, we have three transitional living centers available to our clients. These are the Barrington House, the McLaughlin House, and the Granville House.
At Riviera Recovery, our mission is to assist individuals in rebuilding their lives while surrounded by supportive and like-minded peers. Providing luxury transitional living centers gives individuals a chance to restart their life. Each center offers life skill building, healing activities, weekly meetings, and more to ensure a smooth transition. If you or a loved one are struggling with mental health issues or needing help adjusting to life, contact us today to learn more about our centers.