Sober Living + Mental Health Transitional Living in Santa Monica
Our mental health transitional living for female identifying clients is located in West Los Angeles on the outskirts of beautiful Santa Monica. A short walk to bustling restaurants, shopping, attractions, and being close to the beach, our McLaughlin House offers a balance between a bustling city life and a tranquil setting to heal from mental health issues and substance abuse. Our women’s sober living near Santa Monica is a structured environment to ensure accountability, promote growth, and provide guidance. Here, clients are able to establish interpersonal relationships and put practical skills to use that they may have learned in a residential setting and are encouraged to partake in new activities, hobbies, and attend school or work.
With an emphasis on mental health support, we provide a safe place for clients looking to heal from trauma, anxiety, mood disorders, or other mental health concerns.
Tour Our McLaughlin House
Services Available at Women’s Sober Living Near Santa Monica
At the McLaughlin House, our female identifying clients are encouraged to develop themselves and choose the recovery path that works best for them. Riviera Recovery provides transportation to appointments, school, meetings, and other recovery related activities. Our experienced team provides the necessary guidance to support successful recovery from mental health issues by incorporating our luxury setting, with continued clinical partnerships. Riviera has partnered with multiple providers in the area so clients are able to partake in continued therapy and medication management as they transition back into the real world.
We believe substance abuse and mental health issues affect the mind, body, and spirit and the best way to heal is to create independence in a structured environment with the help of life skill integration and guidance for daily living. We help clients build confidence and gain real world experience, while knowing they have the safety net of a supportive home environment. We also incorporate nutrition guidance and a food management system to help individuals learn to create balanced meals.
The McLaughlin House located in Los Angeles near Santa Monica offers many of the same services as the Barrington house, with the exception that the program is not primarily 12-step based. Instead, we encourage our clients to attend CODA meetings, SLA groups, ED Support groups, LGBTQ support groups, adult children of alcoholics, al anon, NAMI groups, and more.
McLaughlin House Services
Sponsor contacts (if applicable)
Life skills development
Staff available 24/7 as needed
Clinical oversight by an MFT
Active participation in house activities
Transportation to and from recovery meetings and clincial appointments
Weekly mentor meetings
Referrals to outpatient programs
Randomized breathalyzer testing
Near local universities
Mandatory weekly in-house meetings
Required attendance at meetings
Food management system
Random drug testing
Weekly social activities
Assigned staff member for weekly case management
Weekly updates to clinical team members and families
Request a Callback 24/7
What to Consider When Choosing a Sober Living Home
Sober living homes offer continued recovery in an environment that is both comfortable and void of temptation. You will be spending a lot of time there, so you must pick a home that fits your needs and makes sense for your particular situation. When selecting the best-suited home for you, there are some key characteristics to keep in mind:
- Location. When looking for a sober living home, you want to make sure it is in an area that feels safe to walk around in. Also, take into consideration the home’s proximity to restaurants and entertainment.
- Reputation. When people love a place they write raving reviews, but if they have bad experiences somewhere, they are also quick to leave a review. Read them. The best way to get an idea about a home is by considering the thoughts of previous residents.
- Resources. Access to therapies, societal integration, and career help are all great tools in maintaining sobriety. Many sober homes offer these resources, so you can get your life on track and keep it that way.
- Community. It is important to consider access to meetings and other means of support when selecting a sober living home. Certain areas offer a variety of AA meetings—even at odd hours. Having this access is a great way for newly sober individuals—as well as those who have been sober for years—to get the support they need in a productive and interactive environment.
The Sober Living Recovery Community
For many newly sober individuals, it is hard to imagine enjoying activities or events they would have previously been intoxicated at. But once they get a taste of adventure, they soon realize how much more fun it is to have these experiences with a clear mind and healthy body.
Santa Monica is beautiful, but because it is a recovery hotspot, it is also full of fellow sober individuals looking for fun. There are a variety of activities to enjoy in Santa Monica—without being under the influence. Community is an important part of recovery. Becoming friends with others who are sober gives both parties accountability and support. Here are some of the best places to visit in Santa Monica for lots of smiles and plentiful memories:
- The Santa Monica Film Festival. Being in Santa Monica during their annual film festival is quite a treat. Each year people flock from all over the world to see a collection of new screenings from the Santa Monica Film Center.
- The Santa Monica Pier. For an afternoon of adrenaline and bliss, this ocean pier is a great place to chow down on delicious street food and ride loopy roller coasters. Just remember it’s probably a better idea to eat after you ride.
- The Third Street Promenade. Ready for an afternoon of shopping? If yes, the Third Street Promenade is the place to visit. If not, that’s okay. The stores are great, but the people-watching is even better.
- The Palisades Park. There are few things more peaceful than the ocean. Take in the sound of soothing waves and the view of pristine waters at this gorgeous 26.4-acre park.
- McCabe’s Guitar Shop. This iconic store is a haven for music lovers. Look around, try out a guitar, and absorb the nostalgic ambiance.
- Bergamot Station Arts Center. From museums to galleries to concert and performance spaces—the Bergamot Stations Arts Center is a celebration of culture and creation. With many rotating events and exhibits, Bergamot never disappoints.
Benefits of Women’s Sober Living Near Santa Monica
Santa Monica offers a thriving sober community, full of resources and support. Prioritizing sobriety and staying in a sober living home opens up a world of fresh and fun possibilities. Santa Monica’s extensive community offers sober people the opportunity to find joy in sober outings, utilize valuable resources, attend different meetings, create a strong network of individuals, and ultimately, fall back in love with their true selves. Particular upsides to sober living in Santa Monica include:
- Improved mental health. For many one of the underlying causes of depression or anxiety is the unhealthy thoughts they have while under the influence of alcohol. For others, alcohol is a coping mechanism that masks their struggles. Either way, becoming sober opens up opportunities to address your anxiety and depression constructively and sustainably.
- Better relationships. Not only are sober living homes a great way for you to meet others who are sober, but they encourage the rebuilding of past relationships. Making amends with your family and friends who were previously hurt by your substance abuse is crucial to recovery. In sober living homes, you will refine your communication and skills, making the process of building and mending relationships easier.
- Financial stability. Alcohol and drugs are not cheap, nor do they lead you to make smart spending choices. Living sober resolves this unnecessary spending. Additionally, sober living homes push their residents to improve their lives in every facet. This includes career development. Many individuals enroll in school or other occupational programs after getting sober.
- Physical health improves. It is no secret that drugs and alcohol take a toll on your body. You want to live the healthiest and longest life you can; that starts by getting sober. Your liver will especially be thankful for your sobriety.
- Reduced relapse rate. It has been proven that the social systems developed while living in a sober home are an essential part of preventing relapse. Being surrounded by good influences will give you hope for the future and the drive you need to stay sober.
Find Women’s Sober Living Near Santa Monica Today
At Riviera Recovery, our transitional living and sober living in Santa Monica can help individuals reclaim the life they deserve while integrating back to the real world surrounded by structure and support. Riviera Recovery’s prime location as well as it’s reputation for helping young people recover makes our sober living homes a clear choice for those who are changing their lives for the better. If you’re struggling with mental health issues or substance abuse and are looking for help contact us today to learn more about our admissions process.