Mental Health Housing In Orange County, California
Riviera Recovery in Los Angeles proudly offers mental health housing to the Orange County area. Our mental health homes are just an hour away from Orange County and are the perfect change of pace and environment to transition to daily life.
Mental Health Housing With Riviera Recovery
Riviera Recovery believes that achieving wellness involves more than simply addressing past behaviors; it involves learning and adopting new and positive lifestyle changes. And it starts with home life.
We offer two programs and houses for young adults struggling with mental health disorders: the men’s Barrington House and the women’s McLaughlin House.
Our recovery homes provide a secure environment where individuals can progress toward wellness while transitioning back into the real world. With the ultimate goal of long-term success, our dedicated team strives to give every client the skills they need to succeed and memories of the most important decisions of their lives.
- According to a 2020 report by the Orange County Health Care Agency, an estimated 21.2% of adults in Orange County reported experiencing a mental health disorder in the past year.
- The most common mental health conditions reported among adults in Orange County include anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, and substance use disorders.
- The prevalence of mental health disorders among youth in Orange County was reported to be around 13.8%.
- Suicide rates in Orange County have been a concern. In 2019, there were 318 reported suicides, with a rate of 12.5 suicides per 100,000 population.
- According to the Orange County Health Care Agency, alcohol, and marijuana are the most commonly abused substances in the county.
- Opioid addiction has been a particular concern in recent years. From 2014 to 2019, there was a 91% increase in opioid-related emergency department visits in Orange County.
- The number of opioid-related overdose deaths in Orange County increased from 113 in 2014 to 200 in 2019, reflecting a concerning trend.
Women’s Mental Health Housing:
Located in West Los Angeles on the outskirts of beautiful Santa Monica, our McLaughlin House offers mental health transitional living for female-identifying clients. This perfectly balances vibrant city life and serene space for healing from mental health issues. With bustling restaurants, shopping venues, attractions, and proximity to Santa Monica State Beach, this location allows clients to immerse themselves in various experiences.
Our women’s mental health housing is thoughtfully designed to create a haven for clients seeking healing from trauma, anxiety, mood disorders, and other mental health concerns. In this structured environment, clients can establish meaningful interpersonal connections and practice the day-to-day skills they acquired during their time in residential or outpatient treatment. Additionally, they are encouraged to explore new activities and hobbies and engage in educational pursuits or work opportunities.
Men’s Mental Health Housing
Located in West Los Angeles, our Barrington Home allows men to explore new interests, cultivate hobbies, and connect with a thriving recovery community within a structured and safe environment. This transitional phase bridges the gap between residential treatment and the real world, allowing individuals to engage in healing activities such as yoga and meditation.
Our dedicated staff recognizes the importance of helping individuals, including men, develop essential life skills and healthy coping mechanisms during addiction treatment. We also recognize the significance of addressing societal gender expectations and norms that can influence men’s experiences and coping strategies. Our programs strive to create a safe and inclusive environment where men can explore and challenge the pressures and expectations placed upon them.
- Safe Environment: Riviera Recovery provides a haven for individuals without a home or a secure place to go after completing outpatient treatment, avoiding toxic home environments so they can focus on healing.
- Constant Support: Living in a mental health home ensures individuals never feel alone in their healing journey. Roommates share the goal of mental well-being, fostering a supportive and understanding community with lasting friendships.
- Sense of Independence: Our clients have the opportunity to develop a strong sense of independence where they can establish their own schedules and balance recreational activities, therapy sessions, career pursuits, and more. Grocery shopping, engaging in regular workouts, and participating in social events contribute to a well-rounded and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Continued Treatment: We provide access and transportation to outpatient treatment programs, allowing individuals to build upon the progress made in previous treatment and reinforcing the healing process.
- Reducing the Risk of Relapse: By residing in one of our transitional housing, individuals increase their time in a supportive environment, reducing the risk of relapse and promoting long-term recovery and healing.
If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health issues or a dual diagnosis and needs transitional housing, contact Riviera Recovery. Our mental health housing program can help you process and move through recovery while living in a home environment surrounded by like-minded peers and compassionate program leaders. Call today to learn more and sign up, or ask us about our clinical partnerships, where we can help you with an outpatient or detox program.