Independent Living Programs in Southern California with Riviera Recovery
Riviera Recovery is proud to provide comprehensive Independent Living Programs to young adults who are struggling with mental health disorders, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
Our Los Angeles Independent Living Programs
At Riviera Recovery, we believe that true wellness isn’t achieved overnight, and the path to recovery can be riddled with distractions, negative feelings, and overwhelming emotions. Our two independent living programs in Los Angeles aren’t only focused on correcting old behaviors or recognizing triggers. They were each carefully designed and curated to help young adults create new and healthy lifestyle changes that support their recovery goals so they can feel confident in their skills and journey. We offer two independent living programs for men, women, and non-binary young adults.
Women’s Independent Living Program in LA
Our Women’s Independent Living Program is the perfect place for female-identifying and non-binary clients to focus on mental health, substance abuse recovery, and independent living skills. Residents are close to parks, Venice Boulevard, farmer’s markets, restaurants, and Venice and Santa Monica beach. You’ll also have access to and provided transportation to therapy sessions, outpatient treatment centers, and more.
Men’s Independent Living Program in LA
Our Men’s Independent Living Program in West Los Angeles is the perfect place for male-identifying or non-binary clients to practice and prepare to live independently. Residents are within walking distance of restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops, delis, parks, and more. You’re also close to outpatient treatment centers, substance use recovery centers, and community support services.
Struggles of Independent Living with SUDs & Mental Health Disorders
Approximately 25% of all US adults struggle with a mental health disorder, and more than 7% struggle with a co-occurring substance use disorder. But the average time between the onset of mental health disorder symptoms and receiving professional treatment is 11 years. Young adults are especially impacted by mental health disorders as they transition into adulthood, find or graduate from college, step into careers, and live on their own. While many can struggle to find the time to attend addiction or mental health treatment, it can be harder to maintain good habits and focus on healing in unsupportive environments.
Being close to or living with individuals who don’t support mental health recovery, engaging or encouraging substance abuse, or preventing or challenging your journey can make mental health treatment difficult. A mental health crisis or severe mental health disorder can cause individuals to lose or neglect independent living skills, making it hard to mentally and physically care for themselves. This is where Riviera Recovery’s independent living program comes in.
Our Independent Living Program was designed to help each individual living in one of our Los Angeles homes set and achieve obtainable goals, including:
- Positive Mental Health Support: Residents are surrounded by peers dedicated to the same goals, creating a community of support and motivation. Residents are also supported by caring staff who meet with residents and provide one-on-one mentoring sessions to track their progress, listen to their needs, and comfort them when challenges arise. Once residents leave the program, they’ll have established an encouraging community of peers and professionals who are eager to see them succeed.
- Establish Lifelong independent living skills: Mental health and substance use disorders can cause individuals to lose or grow without learning the essentials of impendence. Residents will learn to maintain a clean living space, manage schedules and expenses, and more. Toward the end of their stay, staff will help residents prepare for independent living, find comfortable living situations, and plan for potential triggers, cravings, and overwhelming emotions.
- Get back into passions and hobbies: It can be hard for individuals to pursue passions and creative or athletic hobbies, especially when they’re impacted by mental health and substance use disorders. Taking the time to get into crafts, sports, video games, movies, or anything else that brings personal enjoyment is an essential mental health skill. When clients leave our program, they’ll have learned how to care for themselves, including planning and dedicating time to fun and exciting passions.
- Stable & Sober Environment: Many people who live at our Independent Living Programs come from difficult living conditions, where they may face harmful cycles. However, in our program, residents get a safe and distraction-free space to focus on self-improvement. Residents are provided with private or semi-private rooms, internet, grocery allowances, and essential and luxury amenities.
- Time For Structured Healing: One of the most significant advantages of Independent Living Programs is the time people have to continue healing. Rushing into adulthood or regular life after mental health or addiction treatment without proper preparation can lead to challenges, setbacks, and relapse. Having this time to sort things out, focus on yourself, and get ready for the transition to independence is an invaluable benefit of our program.
- 24/7 Support & Care: Transitioning from one life stage to another becomes even harder without the right support system. Our Independent Living Programs provide immediate and ongoing support, care, and comfort from medical and mental health professionals and peers who are going or have gone through similar experiences.
If you or someone you know could use help with independent living, reach out to Riviera Recovery. Our mental health housing facilities in Los Angeles are an ideal space to prioritize mental well-being and develop healthy daily routines. Our homes are pet-friendly, luxurious, and comfortable, where all residents can feel supported and committed to their goals. We support clients attending outpatient treatment programs by offering transportation to 12-step meetings, grocery stores, and clinical appointments. Give us a call today to discover how our housing facilities can provide a safe, caring, and encouraging environment to learn and practice independent living skills.
Request a Confidential Callback
"*" indicates required fields