A unique and holistic approach to establishing long-term recovery, the Barrington House is located in West Los Angeles. Gender-specific, for male identifying clients, this sober living location is central to shops, parks, and employers, helping individuals reintegrate back into society in a safe and structured environment.
Located in a tranquil environment, our McLaughlin House is located in Los Angeles the outskirts of picturesque Santa Monica. With luxurious amenities, this gender-specific location is strictly limited to transitional living for mental health.
Our sober living homes combine comfort and stability with luxury and leisure. We aim to make each of our clients feel truly at home as they continue to grow in their recovery. To do this, we offer two gender-specific houses. That way, clients can cultivate the sense of security and kinship they need to feel fully relaxed and secure.
Our homes are not only dedicated to substance use disorder, but also offer housing for those struggling with mental health disorders. Our transitional living services give individuals receiving treatment for mental illness, trauma, and failure to launch a safe space to reside in as they attend an outpatient treatment program.
Additionally, we provide career services and resources so that our clients can have a well-rounded and fulfilling life after leaving our program. This takes stress off of them as they continue navigating the twists and turns of newfound sobriety while giving them the opportunity to set achievable goals.
What Is Sober Living Like in Los Angeles, CA?
Los Angeles is full of sunshine and vibrant energy. Clients are delighted to have easy access to all of what this iconic city has to offer. From beaches to hiking trails to health-conscious eateries, L.A. is the perfect place to improve every facet of your wellbeing.
It is important that clients are able to integrate into the community. This promotes a sense of belonging and security. It also allows clients to gradually transition back to society after spending time in an in-patient treatment facility. Additionally, our sober living homes provide access to meeting locations for programs such as AA, which typically occur throughout the day and night.
The city is not the only part of sober living in Los Angeles that has its perks. Our facilities have a wide range of luxury amenities to keep you happy and comfortable. We want you to feel at home in our environment. That is why we offer the following:
- Pet friendly
- Gender-specific housing
- Outdoor pool (McLaughlin House)
- Laundry facilities
- Computer and internet access
- Fully-accessible kitchen
- High-quality bedding
- Comfortable mattresses
- Game tables such as ping-pong (Barrington House)
- Transportation services
- Modern fixtures
- Experiential activities (yoga, meditation)
- Cozy and organized common spaces
Sober Activities in Los Angeles, CA
There is a common misconception that Los Angeles is party-central with only nightclubs and bars as sources of entertainment. In reality, this is far from true. The city and its surrounding areas offer plenty of options for those looking for sober fun—many of which are free. For those who grew up in Los Angeles, do not worry. The city is full of surprises, plus you will be shocked at how much fun activities can be with a clear mind and sober body.
Exploring the city is also a great way to connect with your new sober friends. You can share these experiences together, forming a lasting bond, and help keep each other on the sober path. Some fun activities in L.A. include:
- Beach Activities. From Malibu to Venice, there are several nice L.A. beaches. The golden sand and turquoise waters offer plenty of fun water sports and leisure tanning for you and your sober friends to enjoy.
- Explore Nature. Los Angeles can be a great place to reconnect with the world around you. There are tons of hiking trails and walking paths that offer scenic views and peaceful tranquility. For a unique experience, hike to the iconic Hollywood Sign.
- Movies, movies, movies. If you are a film lover, then L.A. is the place for you. Check off some film-buff bucket list items such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the TCL Chinese Theatre.
- Bop around West L.A. West L.A. is where our men’s sober living home, the Barrington House, is located. It is also home to fun exhibits such as The Hammer Museum and The Skirball Cultural Center.
- Enjoy Santa Monica. From the scenic pier to the Bergamot Station Arts Center, Santa Monica has plenty to offer. Especially convenient for ladies staying in our McLaughlin House, this area is the perfect place to make lasting memories.
Whether you are transitioning to a new, sober lifestyle or are receiving outpatient mental health treatment, be gentle with yourself. It is okay to need an adjustment period. Sober living homes are the perfect place to get used to your newfound sobriety while keeping your recovery on track. At Riviera Recovery, we offer luxurious amenities and convenient services, so you can make the most of your time with us. We give you the opportunity to make new friends while providing structure and offering the resources you need to stay drug and alcohol-free. To learn more, give us a call or visit our admissions page today.